Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Consider Denny Hamlin the 2010 NASCAR Chase Favorite

Filed under: , , ,

Denny Hamlin believes he's improved as a driver through each the past two seasons.

"Every year you expect yourself to be better than you were the previous year," Hamlin said in February before the Daytona 500. "Without a doubt, I know in my mind that I'm better than I was in 2008 and in 2008 I was better than I was in 2007."

The stats back Hamlin up. Piloting the Joe Gibbs Racing No. 11, Hamlin wheeled to a single win amid 12 top-fives and 18 top-tens in 2007. Last year, Hamlin upped his game to a win total of four with 15 top-fives and 20 top-tens -- good for a fifth-place finish in the series standings.

"I think everyone knows on a competitive level we're better every single year," said Hamlin in February. "Last year was just almost good enough performance-wise to win a championship, so what does that mean for 2010?"

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Bill Homeier Kazuyoshi Hoshino Jerry Hoyt Nico Hülkenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment